James Madison '07
- 2008 Prague Cup Touring Team
- U.S. National Team (2006-08, 2009-12)
- U.S. Developmental Team (2005-06, 2008-09)
Team USA by making a gift in Kelly's honor:
- IWLCA/US Lacrosse All-America first team (2006), third team (2007)
- CAA Player of the Year, CAA Tournament MVP (2006)
- All-CAA first team (2005-07)
- Finished college career as James Madison's second all-time leading scorer with 262 points (184 g, 78 a)
- Aimee Willard Award for top collegiate player at US Lacrosse Women's Division National Tournament (2005)
Getting to know…
- Nickname? Bergs
- Other sports played in high school: Soccer, basketball, and dance
- Favorite lacrosse player: That’s a tie for Paul Rabil and Stephen Berger :)
- Favorite athlete from another sport: Ray Lewis
- Best advice received from a coach: Simply: “Outwork everyone.”
- Strengths as a player? Speed, athleticism, and aggression.
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? In the midfield there is a lot of running, so the first thing you have to keep up along with your stick work is staying fit. You have to be able to react at a quick speed and you can not dwell on any play to look, because you are expected to turn that switch again and help with the next play.
- Game-day ritual? I wear the same t-shirt the night before the game to bed!
- Tip for young players? Keep the stick in your hands but be sure to continue to enjoy other sports and gain experience through other sports.
- Best lacrosse moment? Winning the CAA Championship at JMU my freshman year. A come-from-behind win that I truly believe never could have happened without every one of us doing our part.
- Fun fact? I almost decided to play basketball in college.