Buckingham, Browne & Nichols
- Gold medalist at 2009 FIL World Cup in Czech Republic
- Scored eight goals during 2009 FIL World Cup, including one in the 8-7 championship game win over Australia
- Gold medalist and team captain at 2007 FIL U19 World Cup in Canada
- U.S. National Team (2008-12)
- U.S. Under-19 National Team captain (2007)
Team USA by making a gift in Sarah's honor:
- IWLCA All-America first team (2010), second team (2009)
- All-ACC (2010)
- All-ACC Tournament (2008-10)
- Tewaaraton Award nominee (2009-10)
- Ranks among Duke’s all-time top 20 in goals, points, draw controls, caused turnovers and assists.
Off the Field
- Assistant women’s lacrosse coach at Boston University
Getting to know…
- Nickname? Baby Bull
- Other sports played in high school? Soccer and ice hockey
- Visited any foreign countries? Canada, Czech Republic, England, France, Italy, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Favorite lacrosse player? Jess Wilk
- Favorite athlete from another sport? Rafa Nadal
- Strengths as a player? Playing between the 30’s – the draw, the ride and transition.
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? Understand how to play with and without the ball all over the field.
- What are some things players overlook, preparation-wise? I definitely overlooked the value of nutrition in college. Eating well this year has really helped my energy levels in training and competition.
- Game day ritual? I always take about five minutes right before going out on the field to do some deep breathing and get myself excited and focused.
- Tip for young players? Take every opportunity you can to play and seek out feedback from coaches on how you can improve.
- Best lacrosse moment? Beating Maryland in 2008 to make it to the Final Four and winning the 2009 World Cup in Prague with Team USA!