North Carolina '09
Team USA by making a gift in Amber's honor:
- Gold medalist at 2009 FIL World Cup in Czech Republic
- 2009 FIL World Cup Most Outstanding Defender
- 2009 FIL World Cup All-World Team – led team with 18 ground balls and added seven caused turnovers
- 2008 Prague Cup Touring Team
- U.S. National Team (2008-12)
- U.S. Developmental Team (2007-08)
- IWLCA Defender of the Year (2009)
- IWLCA/US Lacrosse All-America first team (2009), second team (2007-08), third team (2006)
- All-ACC (2007-09)
- Led North Carolina to NCAA championship game appearance in 2009
Off the Field
- Assistant women's lacrosse coach at Vanderbilt University
Getting to Know…
- Nickname? Amby
- Other sports played in high school? soccer, cheerleading
- Favorite lacrosse player? Can I say all my teammates?!
- Favorite athlete from another sport? It’s always been Michael Jordan, but I am a huge Gabby Douglas fan now!
- Best advice received from a coach? “If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.”- Jenny Levy
- Strengths as a player? Team defense and leadership.
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? Quick feet, good vision, being ready to help a teammate at all times.
- Most important part of your preparation for a game? For a season? For Team USA, definitely fitness – I need constantly work hard to get better. I love to watch film and learn the tendencies of the opposing teams’ attackers.
- Game day ritual? Pulling my hair into a pony tail, putting on my sparkly headband, and smearing on eye black.
- Tips for young players? Continue to play other sports. Each sport will help in some way to better your lacrosse ability (yes, even cheerleading!).
- Best lacrosse moment? Winning the 2009 World Cup.