Wildcat Unleashed: Katrina Dowd's Trick Shots
Jump-Through to Behind-the-Back
• Start your approach from the 12-meter arc.
• Lead with a stutter step.
• Pull your stick down to hip level and parallel to the ground.
• Jump over the stick like a jump rope, landing with the stick behind your back, but parallel to the ground.
• Backpedal to the crease.
• Rotate your top hand out and flick a backhanded shot into the top right corner.
One-Handed Behind-the-Back Dodge to Behind-the-Back Shot
• Start your dodge from the 12-meter arc.
• Invert your stick, cradling with the ball just above ground level, like walking a dog.
• Start with it in your right hand, plant your right foot and transfer the stick to your left hand behind your back.
• Plant your left foot, bring your stick back up in front of your body and transfer it back to your right hand.
• With your momentum carrying you to the right of the cage, finish with a behind-the-back shot.
» Your Edge: Facing Off with Duke's Brendan Fowler » Your Edge: USA's Brittany Dashiell on Midfield Play » Your Edge: Andrew Sellers on Defending at GLE » Your Edge: McMunn' Close-Quarters Scoring » Your Edge: Loyola's Fletcher on On-Ball Defense » Poise in Transition with UConn's Lauren Kahn » How to Get to 114 MPH with Detroit's Birney » Your Edge: UNC's Megan Ward Protects the Cage » Lochary: Finding Common Ground A Workout Key
Lacrosse Magazine on Facebook