LM Mid-Atlantic Region Report: April 19, 2011
by Chris Goldberg | LaxMagazine.com
Denver-bound Jill Remenapp had five goals and six assists to lead No. 6 Century (Md.) to an 18-6 victory over Liberty in a Carroll County game.
Player of the Week
Jill Remenapp, Century (Md.)
The senior attacker, who has signed with Denver, collected five goals and six assists to lead No. 6 Century to an 18-6 victory over Liberty in a Carroll County game.
Mid-Atlantic Region Top 10
1. McDonogh (Md.) – 10-0 – The Eagles have won their last eight games by at least 11 goals.
2. Ridgewood (N.J.) – 5-0 - The Maroons host undefeated Vernon Township (N.J.) on Wednesday.
3. Mendham (N.J.) – 6-1 – The Minutemen enjoyed a great week, dealing Summit (N.J.) its first loss, 9-8, and then topping No. 4 Good Counsel, 10-6, in the rain on Saturday.
4. Good Counsel (Md.) - 13-1 – The Falcons bounced back after falling to Mendham (NJ.), 10-6, by handing Brighton (N.Y.) an 11-5 loss.
5. Bryn Mawr (Md.) – 9-1 – The Mawrtians play at Roland Park today and at undefeated Dulaney Thursday.
6. Century (Md.) – 5-0 – The Knights host undefeated Westminster today.
7. Moorestown (N.J.) – 6-2 – The Quakers bounced back from an 8-3 loss to New York power St. Anthony's Monday by downing Rumson-Fair Haven, 11-7.
8. St. Stephen's and St. Agnes (Va.) – 14-2- The Saints earned a 17-16 victory over Notre Dame Prep.
9. Roland Park (Md.) - 9-2 – The Reds host Bryn Mawr today and St. Stephen's and St. Agnes Saturday.
10. Archbishop Carroll (Pa.) - 7-1 – The Patriots earned a key 15-14 victory over Notre Dame (Pa.).
Game of the Week
Moorestown (N.J.) at Shawnee (N.J.), Wednesday, 11
This is the rematch of last year's state semifinal matchup when Shawnee edged the Quakers, 7-6, to snap their 228-game win streak against New Jersey foes. Shawnee, which fell in the state finals last year to Ridgewood, is 4-2 with tight losses to Chatham and Ridgewood this year.
News and Notes
Nicole Graziano tied the game and then scored her fifth goal of the game with nine seconds left in the game to give Mendham a 9-8 victory over Summit. Aly Messinger added two goals and an assist for Mendham. Kate Martino led Summit with three goals, while Caroline Cordrey and Kelly Osmulski each added two goals... Sally Jentis and Kelci Smesko each scored three goals for Ridgewood in a 12-7 triumph over Mountain Lakes. Ingrid Hermanson had three goals for Mountain Lakes... Archbishop Carroll's Rachel Flynn scored four goals and Hannah Schmitt had three goals and an assist while Gabbi Hull scored three more to help the Patriots deal Notre Dame (Pa.) its first loss of the year, 15-14.
comments powered by Disqus