NLL Draft Set for Oct. 1 in Toronto
from press release
The National Lacrosse League has announced that the 2012 Draft will take place on Monday, October 1 in Toronto at the Westin Harbour Castle. The draft starts at 7pm Eastern and will be broadcast live on The NLL Network at NLL.com. The Edmonton Rush currently hold the first overall selection in the Draft. The current order of selection for the six round draft is listed below. Attendance is free of charge.
In conjunction with the draft, a player combine for draft prospects & free agents will be held on Sunday, September 30 at the new Toronto Rock Headquarters & Training Facility in Oakville, Ontario.
"The Toronto Rock are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to showcase our new practice facility in Oakville," said Rock Owner & President Jamie Dawick. "Hosting a combine is something that is beneficial for the entire league and not just the Toronto Rock. We look forward to making this an annual event."
Information regarding player participation & eligibility for the combine will be announced in the coming days. The 2012 NLL Draft Eligibility Requirements can be found by visiting NLL.com.
The 2012 draft order, as of August 13. The order is subject to change pending trades of selections among the clubs.
1. Edmonton (from Washington)
2. Minnesota (from Buffalo)
3. Minnesota (from Philadelphia via Edmonton via Buffalo)
5. Buffalo (from Toronto via Minnesota)
6. Calgary (from Colorado via Rochester)
9. Colorado (from Rochester)
10. Minnesota (from Boston)
12. Washington (from Buffalo)
13. Buffalo (from Philadelphia via Rochester)
14. Toronto (from Minnesota via Buffalo)
15. Edmonton (from Toronto)
16. Buffalo (from Colorado via Toronto via Edmonton)
18. Buffalo (from Edmonton via Minnesota)
19. Washington (from Rochester via Edmonton)
20. Toronto (from Boston)
26. Rochester (from Colorado)
27. Toronto (from Calgary)
35. Minnesota (from Colorado)
49. Calgary (from Buffalo)
50. Calgary (from Philadelphia)
comments powered by Disqus