Bel Air, Md.
- U.S. National Team (2012)
Team USA by making a gift in Brittany's honor:
- Entering senior year at Florida
- Tewaaraton Award Finalist (2012)
- Honda Sports Award Finalist (2012)
- IWLCA All-America first team (2012)
- All-ALC First Team (2012), second team (2010)
- ALC All-Tournament Team (2012)
- As a junior in 2012, led the Gators with 69 points and 25 assists and ranked second with 17 caused turnovers, third in both goals (44) and draw controls (46) and fourth in ground balls (31).
- In 2012, helped lead Florida to first-ever #1 national ranking and top overall seed in the NCAA tournament.
Getting to know…
- Other sports played in high school: Soccer and basketball
- Favorite lacrosse player? Jen Adams
- Favorite athlete from another sport? Ray Rice
- Best advice received from a coach? “Go to the University of Florida” –Mike McLaughlin, Skywalkers coach
- What are your strengths as a player? Consistency, heart and work ethic
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? As a midfielder, you need to have good game sense, quick reaction time, and great communication. You also need to be aggressive and hard working. The little things are sometimes the most important.
- What’s the most important part of your preparation for a game? A big part of my game preparation is getting mentally ready. Visualizing myself scoring a goal, getting a ground ball, and winning is what I have to lock down in my mind prior to each game.
- Game-day ritual? At Florida, I always have to do my teammate, Kitty Cullen’s hair. It sounds random, but it’s a tradition!
- Best lacrosse moment? Either beating Northwestern for the first time my sophomore year at Florida or getting to the final four this year.
- Special talent? I’m actually really good at tap dancing. I have also been to Brazil to play soccer for the Olympic Development Program when I was a sophomore in high school.