- U.S. National Team (2010-12)
Team USA by making a gift in Katie's honor:
- Four-year starter at Hofstra on defense
- All-CAA (2010-11)
- IWLCA All-Region first team (2010-11)
- Ranks among Hofstra’s top six all-time in ground balls, caused turnovers and draw controls.
- Began her career at Ohio University and transferred to Hofstra after Ohio dropped its program
Off the Field
- Assistant women’s lacrosse coach at Hofstra
Getting to know…
- Nickname? Hershey
- Other sports played in high school? Soccer, indoor track
- Favorite lacrosse player? Michelle DeJulius
- Favorite athlete from another sport? Misty May-Treanor
- Best advice received from a coach? Everyone makes mistakes – it’s a part of the game. But it’s how you handle the mistake that’s what really counts.
- Strengths as a player? Hustle, speed
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? Be composed and disciplined in your defensive body positioning.
- Game-day ritual? Make the perfect braid and throw some pre-wrap in my hair.
- Tip for young players? Never forget your love for the game and why you play the sport.
- Best lacrosse moment? Making Team USA for the first time.