North Carolina '12
- U.S. National Team (2010-12)
Team USA by making a gift in Laura's honor:
- IWLCA All-America second team (2012) third team (2011)
- All-ACC (2011-12)
- All-ACC Tournament Team (2011-12)
- All-NCAA Tournament Team (2009-11)
- Led Tar Heels with 65 points (44 g, 21 a) and 31 ground balls in 2012
Getting to know…
- Nickname: Zimm
- Other sports played in high school: Soccer, track
- Favorite lacrosse player: Meghan Clarke and Caitlin Young. They taught me everything I know.
- Favorite athlete from another sport: Mia Hamm. Not only is she a Tar Heel, but she's been the face of women's sports for decades.
- Best advice received from a coach: When committing to a college, I didn't think I was good enough to play at North Carolina. Then Coach Jenny Levy told me to "never short myself in fear of failure." It turned out to be the best decision of my life thus far.
- Strengths as a player? Speed, quickness and scrappy play.
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? Midfielders are the grinders. The best middies are successful because they have good endurance and they understand both ends of the field.
- What are some things players overlook, preparation-wise? I think players overlook the importance of hydrating and stretching. I used to think stretch time was social hour, but since my hamstring injury, I've been a huge advocate of it.
- Pre-game meal? Always a steak dinner the night before.
- Best lacrosse moment? Going to the National Championship my freshman year. It was the first time in program history.
- Fun fact? I use to take karate and received a black belt in 7th grade.